Monday 20 April 2009

Writer's Block

'I get this writer's block; it comes as quite a shock,
And now I'm stuck between a hard place and the biggest rock, [...]'
(Just Jack - Writer's Block)

What? Writer's block? No, its not a building where writers live. It's that when you can't write anything no matter how hard you try. Like you've forgotten how to put words together to form a sentence.

That's something what is happening to me right now; I really can't write anything. I said 'anything'? I meant 'ANYTHING'. I just sit down, force myself to write something... Something good... for once... Topic? No idea. Style? Not a clue. Language? Sure...

Ok, first step: music. Music is crucial. Got it, Peter, Björn & John will do the trick. Next one? Feeling comfortable... I should've shaved... Whatever, start it! I need a topic. Okay, let's do it! GRrrr! Brainstorming! Everyone, shout out the words which just pop in your minds! (It's just me so it'll be a bit slower.)

Deer, car wash, newspaper, tractor, guitar, British History (actually all I can think of is the British History exam in two weeks time)...

But there was no time in the British history when a tractor driver deer went into a car wash playing on a guitar and reading the newspaper SIMULTANEOUSLY... That's impossible... whatever. Brainstorming was useless...



So that's something like writer's block. You can't write anything. Of course that's not true, because if you really want to, you can write about that you can't write. something like this:

I got up early today to start writing something on my blog but unfortunately I can't. The sun is shining outside, birds are singing beautifully on the green branches of the high pine trees just in front of my door. It's beautiful. (Will it be something like this in Heaven? I hope so.) 
I made a list today, a to-do list with all the things I want to do before the sun goes down so I shouldn't hesitate which one to start with because... that's a waste of time. Tidying up my room is one of the toughests on the list, but the other ones are nice as well. [...]

And so on... :)





It's something like the last entry on my blog... isn't it? Or at least for a while. What a shame I've got this writers block... So as a last message here please welcome a readymade quote by me:

Life is like physics, like soundwaves. It's got its ups and downs sometimes higher, sometimes lower, maybe the frequencies are changing, but when there are more life-soundwaves connected together with the help of relationships, love, or friendship, it becomes something more. 
That's what we call music. The music of life.
What style is yours?

It's not perfect yet, but I'm working on it!

1 comment: