Monday 13 October 2008

Adventure Guide to Ireland by Tina Neylon

A green island with good music, beer and nice people: that's what Ireland means to me. Although I don't drink beer. And never been to Ireland. But if I would plan to go there, I would definitely get a copy of this book. Maybe I will plan to go there so I will need this one. And lots of money. .. But back to the book: this is a brief guide with about 600 pages to look at, if you want to be a pro in Ireland's history, culture, economy, geography, cuisine, etc.

As some of you may know I was the flautist of an Irish music band (I'd prefer to say alternative Irish folk, but... whatever... Irish!), Maggie in the Woods, (BTW Zsombor was our violinist...) so I always wanted to hear original Irish music from real Irish people in Ireland... :) Of course... I can listen to CDs but... you know... that's not the same! So I didn't have the opportunity so far, but I hope I will be able to visit the big green clover sometimes.

Yeah, about the book. I have read a few chapters and found some interesting things which I know I won't need in the next few months, but they are interesting. Electricity, phone numbers (numbers beginning with 1800 are free to call. Good to know!), music, culture, and so on. So I'll definitely save this book's link for later reading, because it's useful!

And before I finish this one, I show you a song from one of my favourite bands, the Flook. They are one of the best Irish music groups on Earth (of course it's still my opinion like it was about Richard Bona!). And the title of the song is 'Wrong foot forward' from their album 'Haven'.



Nice, isn't it. Well, meet You in Ireland. Or on the RWS lessons...
Stay tuned! ;)

4 comments:

  1. I really like all kinds of MUSIC (yes, only in capital letters, because good things must be written in capital letters ;-) ) and naturally Irish MUSIC as well. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of this group before, but I like it. 8-)
    Could you give me some albums from them on pendrive? 8-D
    All the Best ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my Goodness! It is awesome! Well, that's what I call music ;)
    I'm gonna check out some other songs by them, too.
    You have a really good taste, do you know that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty of girls.. can I come too? :) I definitely agree with them and with you of course, this kind of music has always been one of my favourites, thank you for helping me/us by showing this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad combination, a nice island, music, beer, and people! Seems like Ireland has it all. :)

    ReplyDelete