Wednesday 1 October 2008

Global warming or ... what the heck?

Well it'll be just a short note on some mysterious stuff I thought of.

It's OK that everybody's talking about global warming. It seems like something serious to me, to a total dummy of the topic. But even I can understand the meaning of the two words: global + warming = it's going to be sooooo hot down here.

OK, well... I don't say that these science people don't know anything about words. Because actually I think they do know some things about them... They can use some weird words. But seemingly they can't use these two. They can use micro and biology or nuclear and physics but how could they know what 'warming' means? They're inside some big universities under some fancy air-conditioners looking into some microscopes and joking about some microbes doing something with something. I couldn't even imagine a situation. (Maybe I could...)

Frank: Hey, Mike! Look at this!
Mike: What?... oooh... look at that... oooh man! That amoeba just ate that thing.
F: Yeah, I know! Cool, isn't it?
M: Yeeeeah, man!
Boss: W-what? I didn't sleep... mm... o... let's get back to work! Or something!

How did I get to this conclusion? I mean about the warming, not about the job of scientists. It's simple. They say it's 'warming'. And it's cold. OK, I see it's autumn. But we have to go globally warm now, not globally cold. Because it is. I mean, cold... in the room.

Or, the other thing I can think of is it's a global stuff, but they forgot to send some warming into Hungary. It was something like that:

Sylvia: ...Azerbaijan, South Arabia, *why aren't these names in alphabetical order?* Congo... Yeah, I think that's all.
Roger: Sylvia! I think you left out a country!
S: Which one?
R: I dunno. It's something beginning with an H.
S: There isn't any country beginning with an H... oooh, you think about... Hong Kong, right?
R: Hong Kong isn't a country!
S: How could you know that for sure? It is! I think... or so...
R: No, I think it was something... Hungry... or... maybe Thirsty...
S: You gotta be kidding me! No, let's send this list to the president of the United States.
R: Hey, no! And what will be with them? With those Hungry people? They wouldn't get their warming...
S: They'll make their own warming, now, let me work. You should rather go and check out Frank and Mike. They're watching some amoebas. Now go!

Or something like this. Or I don't know. I have no other idea. Maybe I'm right!


**** I didn't want to offend any of the scientists with this post. I just... yeah... I think it's funny! ****


Have a nice day and stay tuned! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love the way you illustrate this odd phenomenon with the two funny dialogs! Some awesome writing here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this article about the global warming! It's true! The two dialogs made it be funny!:) I have to agree with you in that case people are always talking about the problems and the consequences of global warming but nobody does anything against it! That's really a pity!:(

    ReplyDelete