Friday 24 October 2008

Without the caring softness of virtual reality

It’s almost the second day of internetlessness in the house and I just feel like I’m sitting in front of an infra-red camera whispering into the microphone with some blanket on my back talking nonsense about some people in the other room sleeping. ‘Hey, it’s ehm… 2 o’clock… 2 am, and I’m here in the dining room. Everybody else’s sleeping in the other rooms, even one of them knocked himself out in the living room… so… Well I was just thinking about making this tape because…’ And then the cassette breaks. The other part is for your imagination.

So I’m sitting here waiting for the internet provider to activate our account. Or do something because it's already activated. Maybe deactivate and reactivate it. They have to have fun in their life too. It's Some provider with the name ending with ‘…tel’. What a surprise! Every internet provider ends with a ‘tel’. Or ‘net’. Or has ‘data’, ‘com’ or ‘fon’ in it. There’s only one exception I think. And it’s Chello. Turn your creativity on, People! There could be Violin or Pipe too. Or just ‘The Internet Provider Company’. I would buy that name! ‘NET4U’… Or could be something witty, like ‘The Thermal Spa Company’ offering internet… hmmm…

I’m sitting here, off-line, doing some… off-line stuff… I read a lot by the way. A lot of High Fidelity. I have a high class fidelity to Nick Hornby, I think. Great novel, great novel! My head is like a Pixies song (‘Which one?’ could You, my dearest reader ask me, if I would be on-line to answer you. But I’m not… I’m off-line, as I said it before.). I think… like ‘Where is my mind?’. Or ‘Wave of Mutilation’. No. ‘Where is my mind?’. Definitely. (Koi-Koi!)

Ninety per cent of the points on my to-do list need internet. I have to-do them on-line. I also have some homework to do on the net… Doesn’t matter. At least I have time to answer some e-mails I forgot to answer recently. I just… just have to… start… the browser… and type in… gmail.co… WHAT THE…? Where’s the NET? Gggggreat!

Am I an addict? ;)

4 comments:

  1. I regret to inform you Mr. Krisztián Ömböli that you are probably an addict.

    But..
    It's definitely not a problem. ;-) 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great monolog ;)
    It was nice to read it, it made me laugh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like the Chellonetfoncomdatatel corporation finally got their act together and let you post this Entry Of The Week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe... i'm totally with you on that, man. absolute addict here.

    ReplyDelete